and here are the life enhancing tips, summarised:
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Sleep for 7 hours.
- Live with the 3 E's : Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy. Play more games.
- Read more books than you did last year. Drink plenty of water.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Make time to practice meditation, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives. Dream more while you are awake.
- Smile and laugh more.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Don't do negative thinking about things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. This will ruin your present happiness.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Forgive everyone for everything. What other people think of you is none of your business.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Don't over do. Keep your limits.
- Your inner most is always happy. So be happy. Do the right thing!
- Call your family often. Each day give something good to others.
- Please, forward a link to this to everyone you care about: http://enhancingmylife.blogspot.com/2010/05/life-enhancing-tips.html
Excellent blog - i think that this is something that definitely needs to be shared.ReplyDelete
We need less of that
Busy mindless live
We need more of this
Life fullfilling moments that mater!
Great reminders, Grant! I must go do that first tip now!ReplyDelete