As you know from my last post, over the last decade, the field of Neuroscience has discovered we have complex and functional brains in both our heart and gut. Called the cardiac and enteric brains respectively, scientific evidence is emerging that these neural networks exhibit intelligence, memory and wisdom.
Neuroscience meets ancient wisdom
What's most fascinating about this is that current scientific knowledge is finally catching up with deep insights from esoteric and spiritual traditions informing us for thousands of years about the three powerful intelligences of the head, heart and gut. Take the following quotes as an example:
“And wanting what’s precious
you do what distorts your being.
The sage knows this in his gut,
And is guided by his instinct
and not by what his eyes want.”Tao Te Ching
“Knowledge coupled with a warm heart brings wisdom.”Dalai Lama
“The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.”Buddha
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.”Aristotle
“That which is false troubles the heart, but truth brings joyous tranquility.”
“The body is the instrument of the mind...
The mind is an instrument of the heart.”
Hazrat Inayat Khan
Now isn't that amazing! We've known at a deep and intuitive level, across the ages and within our own lives, that our intelligence, wisdom and core life competencies are not just embodied in the head...
The power of NLP and Behavioral Modeling
So... Over the last 2 years, using methodologies from NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), Cognitive Linguistics and Behavioral Modeling, and informed by the latest Neuroscientific discoveries, my co-author Marvin Oka and I have been researching, modeling and documenting the newly emerging field of mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Techniques). In mBIT, we have codified a powerful system for communicating with and integrating the wisdom and intelligence of your multiple brains, and we've called the process of working with and aligning your multiple brains: mBraining.
I thought it would be life enhancing and add some value if I started by giving you a summary of what we've uncovered in developing mBIT and what we've explicated in our new book. So here is a quick resume of what's covered in 'mBraining - Using your multiple brains to do cool stuff', and in the coming weeks I'll blog in more detail about some of the key insights, some of the powerful and simple techniques and a bit about the underlying principles of how our multiple brains work together to either produce amazing wisdom and success, or to rob us of our peace of mind and create problems in our lives when our brains aren't aligned and working together.
What you'll discover in the mBraining book:
- The 6 Prime Functions of your head, heart and gut brains, and how each provides you with a different ability and talent.
- The 5 classes of mBIT Neural Integration Constraints that give you deep insight into how your three brains may produce internal conflict within yourself, and what you can do about it.
- How to recognise and interpret the different languages of your three brains when they are communicating important messages to you.
- How your gut brain is able to learn and grow new neural pathways, and how you can actively educate it for greater ‘gut intuition’.
- How to balance your autonomic nervous system through the mBIT Balanced Breathing method to quickly relieve stress and gain access to the innate intelligences of your three brains.
- How to work with the Core mBrain Competencies Framework to quickly diagnose any unresourceful states, and to discern what is needed to bring your nervous system back into balance for optimal functioning in all three of your brains.
- How the technique of mBIT Neural Syntax Mapping can explicitly reveal the functional or dysfunctional sequence in which your three brains are working together or conflicting with each other.
- How to do the mBIT Foundational Sequence for yourself to ensure you are working with your three brains in the optimum sequence for generative results.
- How to work with mBIT Neural Integration Engagements to significantly amplify the effectiveness and power of your techniques whenever working with your three brains.
- How to recognise and overcome 15 types of Neural Integration Blocks that prevent integration between your three brains.
- How to use the mBIT Roadmap as a tool for self-evolution by harnessing the intelligence and wisdom of your multiple brains.
If you are interested to learn more, you can get a copy of the book here:
smiles and best wishes,
Grant, this makes so much sense. As a highly intuitive person who has always relied on the gut brain, I suppose I've always been aware of the mBrain on some level. I am eager to read more about getting the three working together, how each communicates in a different language and how to balance the ANS with breathing.ReplyDelete
Hey Jean, thanks for commenting. You're right, I think most people are intuitively aware of the intelligence and wisdom of their gut brains, and to some extent of their heart brains. And of course, some people are better at this, or more attuned to one or other of their brains. My mother for example is highly connected with her heart brain and I've learned a lot over the years from her about how to tune into my heart and to use that to connect with others and really appreciate people and life. And yes, each brain really does communicate through its own language, its own symbols and its own mechanisms. And being able to listen to, connect with and align your three brains can even save your life. I'll share some stories about that over the coming weeks.ReplyDelete
Thanks again for reading the blog and taking the time to connect and comment. I truly do appreciate it (with all my heart brain :-)
smiles and great wishes,